Friday, July 2, 2010

Bork Bork

Here are some photos from our Swedish party.
Britt came over the night before and we made cinnamon rolls using her Mormor's recipe book.
I let the dough sit too long and it got huge.I made these little flags out of construction paper and sewed them together into a garland.Britt brought all of her Swedish decorations.I made this wig out of a ball of yarn and an old t-shirt so that everyone could take turns being a blonde Swede.Oh lordy.Jovi came as Alfred Nobel/Bjorn BorgBritt wore this beautiful embroidered folk dress that she found at the thrift store. This makes me want to go thrifting more. The rolls were devoured by the viking hordes.I ate far too many.Moko wore toile. Toile is FRENCH, Moko! We watched the Swedish chef on TV.
Tildar was repulsed by Ace of Base and the Cardigans. She prefers Ravel quartets. Luckily, she fell in love with Julie and the horrible, tacky dance music was forgotten. George had a dala horse.
Now I have the dala horse (thanks, Brittie!)Richie Tennebaum chilled out.The medal ceremony scene from Star Wars was splendidly re-enacted by Seth and Clint. And a merry night was had by all.

No comments: