Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day!

The theme for 2009 seems to be "Nostalgia". First it was blanket fort parties (I'm going to another on Cinqo de Mayo, hee!). Then the other day when I was brushing my teeth I had a flashback to the May Firsts of yesteryear. Did you ever go around and leave baskets -or styrofoam cups- of candy at your friends' doors before you rang the bell and ran away? And remember, if you got caught, you had to give your friend a kiss (but no one ever really did that because kissing was groooooooss).

This year, I am bringing May Day back. I made cones out of construction paper and filled them with banana bread and brownies and little candy bars and colored feathers. On my lunch break and after work I'm going to flit around town, ding-dong-ditching. Yay!

No comments: