Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Current Obsession: Le Monochromatic Outfit

I used to see this certain boy all the time. I didn't know who he was, but he seemed really dark and mysterious and beautiful to me (MAYBE HE'S A VAMPIRE! - just kidding, I will never say anything like that again), and he never wore clothing that wasn't black or grey. Hip and classy. I became friends with one of his friends and learned a bit about him, and as soon as I found out that he actually did wear other colors, the magic was gone. But I think he was the one who made color-centric outfits cool for me.

A couple of years ago for Christmas, my mom bought me this long grey wool coat. I tell people that it makes me look like a member of the Gestapo. This winter I'm going to spice things up and get accessories in all different shades of grey so that I can look like a fashionable member of the Gestapo. I'm starting early and knitting a pair of awesome grey mittens, that I first saw a certain actress wearing in a certain movie *cough*. They are going to be my most challenging knit yet. I will tell you how it goes.
P.S. Maybe someday I will take my monochromatic love to the next level like these folks who are tippy toe on that fine line between crazy and magnificent.

No comments: