Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pink and Red

There seems to be a fierce debate going on about whether or not non-traditionally colored Christmas trees are legit. My little sparkly pink number has been getting a lot of flack, especially from this fellow in the foreground(who, if you look closely, happens to be sipping cheap Canadian whisky from one of my measuring cups, hmm). I personally feel that Christmas spirit can and should be reflected in all different forms and colors. So if it's not green and it's not natural, you'd better like it anyway or I will judo-flip you onto my hardwood floor. Peace on Earth, goodwill to men, right? :D
...
Well, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I just have one other little gem to share with you. I wanted to make a housewarming gift for Wiki, and after listlessly wandering the aisles of the craft supply store, I finally came up with the idea for this watermelon apron. It was pretty easy to make with a fat quarter of red cotton, some green bias tape, and ric rac. You can't see them very well in the photo, but I drew on the seeds with black permanent marker.

I've always been crazy about half-aprons, but I never really had the need for one until rather recently when I started baking bread once or twice a week, which is can get pretty messy considering the fact that, um, I'm a bit of a slob. So you can bet your boots I'll be making plenty more of these for myself, as well as some to sell on etsy(if I can part with them).

No comments: