Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Twenty Ten

It's 2010! OH EM GEE, BLAH BLAH BLAH. Pictured above is a serene Starkey, and me with cellphone, bottle of Welch's sparkling white grape juice, noisemaker, and military police helmet(just in case). I was going to be a rebel and not even mention anything about the new year (or the old year), but I have nothing else to write about right now so here we gooooooooooooo...

Except for a couple of meltdowns, 2009 was much better than 2008. No all-nighters spent listening to the String Cheese Incident on repeat and breathing in toxic fumes at the printmaking lab, no tearful job searches, and no boys I thought I really liked calling me at midnight to tell me that they're getting married. Ahem.

2009 was all about

a new apartment
a new roommate
jazzy nights in June
touring the near south with the family Washington D.C.
the prom birthday party
lots of beautiful bicycle rides
a cabin campout in the quasi-wilderness no-shave November
Halloween+the Beav
tofu turkey
saying hello to Baby Lincoln, Baby Elijah, Baby Lil, and Baby Tony
learning new things, like knitting cables and playing the violin(kind of) and the guitar(just a bit)

Who knows if 2010 will be as good; one can only hope. Lots of splendid things are already in the works, like Britt's triumphant return from Tokyo/California(!), a trip to Missoula, making pretty furniture for the BoBo's (and pretty things for my apartment), our future Denzel Washington Rabbit, plus much more learning and listening and arting and crafting (and parties).

No comments: