Thursday, June 24, 2010

Northern Harmonies

Here's a sneak peak of the playlist for next week's Swedish Party. Mad props to Mixmaster Jeff for the recommendations.

The Knife - Silent Shout
ABBA - Dancing Queen
Ace of Base - The Sign
Nik og Jay - Love Ya (Nik and Jay are actually Danish, but this song is too good)
Pelle Carlberg - I Love You, You Imbecile
Fever Ray - Seven ("We talk about loooove/We talk about dishwasher tablets")
Annie - Don't Stop (Annie! Where have you been all my life?!)
The Hives - I Hate to Say I Told You So
Lykke Li - I'm Good, I'm Gone (Old Navy used to play this at least ten times a shift when I worked there, ugh)
The Cardigans - Lovefool (Holy nostalgia, Batman!)
Detekivbyran - Hemvagen (weird little men playing synth instruments)
ABBA - Gimme Gimme Gimme
Ace of Base - Don't Turn Around
Royksopp - What Else Is There? (Royksopp is Norwegian, but this song features Karin Dreijer Andersson of the Knife...if you couldn't tell)
Kings of Convenience - I'd Rather Dance with You (also Norwegian)
Studio - No Comply
ABBA - Mama Mia
The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health
I'm from Barcelona - Treehouse (not from Barcelona)
Sally Shapiro - Hold Me So Tight
Ace of Base - Beautiful Life
Europe - The Final Countdown (I peed my pants laughing once, watching my chubby cousin play air-synth to this)
JJ - Things Will Never Be the Same Again
Bjork - All Is Full of Love (Icelandic)

You can listen to all of these through my youtube account, if you like.

2 comments:

Alice said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTXt-ENv_aw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYOrUzN35Z8&feature=related

I feel strongly about this one

Breezy said...

I hate to say this, but Tough Alliance is an awful, awful band. I hope you aren't mad (like the time I told you that Kanye West wasn't very good, err). But the Koka Kola song is pretty dancey, so I will add that. I totally forgot about 'Young Folks' and 'Barbie Girl', too! Aqua is from somewhere in Scandinavia, right?