Thursday, June 3, 2010

Handmade

Last weekend, I went on what my family calls a Mall Shopping Death March to look for summer clothes. It ended with me stomping out of a juniors department dressing room and going straight home to order this fancy pants adjustable dress form so I can just make all of my own stuff and NEVER HAVE TO GO SHOPPING AGAIN. Suck on that, J.C. Penney.

In a matter of weeks, I will have a swanky new custom wardrobe and this makes meh happeh. Do you know what else makes me happeh? I mean, happy?
The weather today. Beeeeautiful.
Look at that lovely light falling on these lovely instruments that I never play. Happy happy happy. Also, my Pop made me this quilt rack. All my mom has to say is, "Bob! Build this girl a such-and-such!" and boom, it's done. He is a tool and die maker, so he is super precise and a very good designer.
On the back he wrote, "Built by Dad R., 5/31/10, For his sweet daughter Breanne." Aw. But seriously - I am not that sweet, Pops.

No comments: