Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Moan/Groan

I have been so productive lately [for once]! Here's what I've been up to:

- I finished/gave up on the Pattern Is Movement dress. I was so eager to have it done and be able to wear it that I skipped some important structural details and it is basically jerry-rigged with velcro and basting. But if I ever perform at the VMA's and need to make a quick costume change, this dress would be perfect.
- I made a pillowcase out of the Japanese strawberry fabric I ordered, and by golly, I will do my best to not drool all over it.
- I've been constructing little plush things out of my favorite poor-girl's fabric, felt. Mushrooms and cacti were my first experiments. Tommy requested a felt Ralph Lauren, complete with turtleneck, double breasted jacket, and pleated pants. I've made dolls before, but never with pleated pants, so we'll see how that goes.
- I've devised a crackpot art-in-the-community project which involves informing my fellow townspeople about interesting/obscure topics through the distribution of coloring book pages of my own design. The first installment will feature the movie "Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai" starring Forrest Whitaker. So good.

Of course this blog post would be way better if there were pictures of all of these crazy projects, right? Sadly but truly, I lost my camera's USB cord somewhere in the move. I have no idea where it is, and there will be no original fo-tos until I can find it or get a new one. Uuuuuugh :(

No comments: